At Falmouth Dental Associates, we perform a complete and thorough oral exam during your initial visit. During subsequent check-up visits, your dentist and hygienist will also include the following:
- Examination of diagnostic x-rays (radiographs): Essential for detection of decay, tumors, cysts and bone loss. X-rays also help determine tooth and root positions.
- Oral cancer screening: We examine your face, neck, lips, tongue, throat, tissues and gums for any signs of oral cancer.
- Gum disease evaluation: We check the gums and bone around the teeth for any signs of periodontal disease.
- Examination of tooth decay: We use special dental instruments to check all tooth surfaces for decay.
- Examination of existing restorations: We examine the condition of existing fillings, crowns, etc.
Feel free to contact us if you have any questions about oral exams or to schedule an oral health consultation with one of our doctors.